Thursday, October 29, 2015

Blog 10 - Interview 2 Reflection

Interview on Sound Cloud



1. Please explain how you are spending your mentorship time (Is it at a workplace or somewhere else?  Are you shadowing?  Are you able to do tasks that are meaningfully related to the topic?  If so, what?  Are there other people who are experts in the location?  Etc...)

I Spend my mentorship time going over military strategy and tactics with my mentor while learning how to lead and what truly makes a leader. We normally work in a small enclosed space for tactics and typically online using military simulators for full fledged military strategy. Typically, I draw strategic battle maps and have to explain to him different ways that an army can attack or he will give me a picture and Ill have to mark out defensive points, kill boxes, avenues of approach and other stuff like that.

2.  How did you find your mentor?  How did you convince this person to help you?  
Ive known my mentor for awhile since hes a United States Marine and it wasnt hard to get him to help me since he knows I eventually want to go into the United States Marine Corp.

3. How would you rate your comfort level with your mentor at this point in your relationship?  How does this relate to the time you've spent so far at mentorship/with this person

My mentor and I are very close and I rate it a 9 out of 10 on a scale and its made it a lot easier for me to ask him questions since I already know how he'll react or respond.

4. What went well in this interview?  Why do you think so?  What do you still need to improve?  How do you know?  How will you go about it?

Well getting the information went well, probably what could go a little bit better and needs to improve is the ability for us to create a visual picture in the mind of whos listening to the interview. This is because a lot of the stuff we talk about can only be understood if youre already versed in the field of Military Strategy and Tactics.

No comments:

Post a Comment