Saturday, September 5, 2015

Blog 4: House Advisory Prep

"War is nothing more than the continuation of Politics through other means"

- Carl Von Clausewitz

What do I plan to accomplish throughout my Senior Topic?

Throughout my senior topic, I plan to learn more about the inner workings of the military, and the intriguing and complex topic of Military Strategy and Tactics. From my senior project, I hope to gleam a base understanding of how an commissioned officer plans out operations at a strategic level and how a commissioned officer would plan out operations at a tactical level. I hope to learn how to be able to take control of large groups of trained fighters and apply a strategy thatll utilize the resources at my disposal in the most efficient way possible. In order to achieve that goal, I hope to learn first about pre-modern military strategy like Roman strategy and then work my way up to the advent of modern military doctrine with the penning of "On War" by Carl Von Clausewitz, and eventually up to current military doctrine used by the United States. I also want to learn how world technological and political developments affect military doctrine, for example how thermonuclear and nuclear suddenly and very rapidly changed western strategy from relying on technologically superior troops to versatile nuclear weaponry. At some point during my reading up on this topic, I will touch on eastern military philosophy and read Sun Tzu's Art of War and then compare that to western military philosophy. But I will stay mostly focused on the western idea of military strategy and tactics because it is the most relevant to me and the people whom will be seeing my presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment